Standards of the Tubular Exchanger Manufacturers Association (TEMA) Ninth (9th) Edition, November 2007, Hardcover, 296 pages
Publisher: Tubular Exchanger Manufacturers Association (TEMA)
The 296 page Ninth Edition of the Standards of the Tubular Exchanger Manufacturers Association begins shipping on November 20, 2007. The 9th Edition retains the useful data and features found in the Eighth Edition plus many clarifications and innovations. Several helpful recommendations received from manufacturers, users, the American Petroleum Institute (API) and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) were incorporated.
· New rules for flexible shell elements (expansion joints), which are based on a Finite Element Analysis (FEA) approach
· Guidelines for performing Finite Element Analysis (FEA) had been added
· Rules for the design of shell intersections (with large nozzle to cylinder ratios) subjected to pressure and external loadings have been added
· Foreign material cross-reference linking material specifications from various international codes has been added
· Rules for the design of longitudinal baffles have been added
What is the effective date of the TEMA standards?
The Ninth edition standards are effective immediately, and were published November 20, 2007.
The Eighth edition was published in 1999.